SEPC is an Export Promotion Council set by Ministry of Commerce & Industry, Government of India. It is an apex trade body which facilitates service exporters of India. As an advisory body it actively contributes to the formulation of policies of Government of India and acts as an interface between the Services Industry and the Government.
SEPC has been instrumental in promoting the efforts of Indian service exporting community, and in projecting India’s image abroad as a reliable supplier of high quality services. It organizes a large number of promotional activities such as buyer-seller meets (BSM) – both in India and abroad, overseas trade fairs/exhibitions, and India pavilion/information booths in selected overseas exhibitions to demonstrate the capabilities of Indian Services Industry.
The Council encourages and monitors the observance of international standards and specifications by exporters and keeps abreast of the trends and opportunities in international markets for services and assist members in taking advantage of such opportunities in order to expand and diversify exports.
Set up in 2006, SEPC now has a strong membership base of more than 3000 members from the 14 service sectors which come under its purview. Members of SEPC can avail of befits of the SEIS and other Schemes of Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India.
An Interface between the World & Indian service providers: SEPC is the nodal point for Indian Service exports as well as for foreign corporates who are looking for business opportunities in India under Mode -1, Mode -2, Mode -3 & Mode-4 of services trade. It is also the nodal point for individuals who want to avail benefits of better quality services at competitive rates in comparison with other countries. Foreign clients can contact SEPC for details of services providers in India.
Services Sectors of SEPC :
1. Accounting/Auditing and Book Keeping Services
2. Advertising Services
3. Architectural Services
- Advisory and pre-design architectural services(86711):
- Architectural design services (88712):
- Contract administration services (86713):
- Combined architectural design and contract administration services(86714):
- Other architectural services(86719):All other services requiring the expertise of architects, such as the preparation of promotional material and presentations , preparation of as-built drawings ,constant site representation during the construction phase ,provision of operating manuals, etc.
4. Consultancy Services
5. Distribution Services
- Commision Agents’ services
- Wholesale Trade Services
- Retailing Services
6. Educational Services
- Primary Education Services
- Secondary Education Services
- Higher Education Services
- Adult Education
- Other Educational Services
7. Entertainment Services including audio-visual Services
- Entertainment Services (including theatre, Live bands, and Circus Services)
- Motion Pictures and Video Tape Production and Distribution Service
- Motion Picture Projection Service
- Radio and Television Service
- Radio and Television Transmission Services
- Sound Recording
8. Environmental Services
- Sewage Services
- Refuse Disposal Services
- Sanitation and Similar Services
9. Healthcare Services
- Hospital Services
- Services by Nurses, Physiotherapists and Paramedical Personnel
- Other Human Health Services
10. Hotel and Tourism Services
- Hotels & Restaurants (including Catering)
- Travel Agencies & Tour Operators
- Tourist Guide Services
- Recreational Sports like Golf & etc.
11. Legal Services
12. Maritime Transport
- Passengers Transportation
- Freight Transportation
- Rental of Vessels with Crew
- Maintenance and Repair of Vessels
- Pushing and Towing Services
- Supporting Services for Maritime Transport