The associated classification, Architectural Services (8671),of the United Nation “Provisional Central Product Classification”(CPC) 3,contains five sub-headings:
- Advisory and pre-design architectural services(86711):
- Architectural design services (88712):
- Contract administration services (86713):
- Combined architectural design and contract administration services(86714):
- Other architectural services(86719):All other services requiring the expertise of architects, such as the preparation of promotional material and presentations , preparation of as-built drawings ,constant site representation during the construction phase ,provision of operating manuals, etc.
General Agreement on Trade in Services (GATS) covers four modes of delivery of services in cross border trade. Typical examples of trade in architectural services in four modes of supply are as under:
|Cross Border Services (Mode 1)||Cross Border Supply of Architectural services using Technological means.
For example: An Architect may send Plans to a USA based clients via emails.
|Consumption abroad (Mode 2)||Usage of Architectural Services in the territory of another country .For Example: An American Client
Visits India and uses the services of an architect.
|Commercial Presence (Mode 3)||Expansion of architectural services firm into a foreign country.
For Example: An American clients visits India and uses the services of architects.
|Movement of natural persons (Mode 4)||Architectural professionals enter into a foreign territory to provide their services. For Example: An Indian Architect provides Architectural services by visiting a client in USA to prepare Plans for construction of an office complex.|